We’ve all been there. I’m there right now. I’m trying to figure out what to write for Friday’s post, scouring the internet for inspiration (a struggle lately, but that’s an entirely different post), and I have two girls fighting over who gets to sit closer to me to see the pictures on Pinterest, and one toddler screaming for attention.
I need help…and need help fast. So, I’m brainstorming some creative ways to entertain the kids (that don’t include the TV).
1. Tie a laser pointer to the fan and turn it on low. Hey, it works for the dogs! Fan might be too fast though…hmmm…maybe tie it to one’s back? Maybe they’ll “chase their tail”?
2. Hide and go seek. You hide, I’ll seek. And to ensure they don’t come out for awhile, tell them whoever stays hidden the longets gets a treat! That should buy at least five more minutes.
3. If you’re kids like to do puzzles, give them three puzzles to put together, saying, “You can’t bother Mommy until these puzzles are put together.” And then proceed to mix all three puzzles together…a whole new level of difficulty, especially if the puzzles are pretty similar in colors.
4. Tie them together with fancy knots. This should provide hours of entertainment. Just shut the door so it muffles their yelling.
5. And if you’re really desperate, hide plastic baggies with candy in them around the house in hard-to-find places. Then tell your children to go find CANDY!
Enjoy your “me” time!
DISCLAIMER: This post is in no way suppoed to be taken with seriousness. It is all in good fun for laughs. Please do not try any of this at home–at least, not without taking pictures.